We'll Make a Great First Impression
The Invisalign iTero Element Scanner is a state-of-the-art digital impression system that eliminates the need for messy putty in your mouth. With our Invisalign iTero in Glasgow, we can digitally capture a detailed 3D model of your teeth and gums. Not only is this process far more comfortable than the old putty based impressions, but it's faster and can offer a superior clinical endpoint.
Advantages of the iTero
- So many patients hate having impressions taken – the iTero can do the same as an impression, without that gagging feeling.
- Scanning with the iTero is a simple, quick procedure, it takes a couple of minutes.
- It doesn't cost a penny to see the end result of your Invisalign treatment
- You get to see your teeth in 3D so it is an excellent educational tool
- It works like a smart phone, so once we have the image of your teeth on the screen, we can expand the image, zoom in on the image, adjust the image, rotate the image
- The iTero is green – we don't have to throw away any materials, which is what we have to do for the current impression taking methods we use
- Once we have a 3D imprint of your teeth, they can be sent electronically, thus avoiding needing courier services, and reducing the carbon footprint.
- No goop or gag to worry about
- Fast, accurate impression
- Ideal for Invisalign® clear aligners and retainers
- See a simulation of your potential post-treatment smile
During the impression process, you can breathe or swallow as you normally would. You can even pause during the process if you need to sneeze or just want to ask a question. The scanner gives us a 3D model of your mouth that we use with all Invisalign services including the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you what your new smile might look like.