The biggest risks during fixed orthodontic treatment (having braces stuck to your teeth) are the appearance of marks on your teeth and gum disease.
Here are 5 top cleaning tips to prevent this happening. You can watch the videos here
1. Spend two minutes cleaning with your normal toothbrush after each meal and before bed
2. Morning and night, use interdental brushes to get into the small spaces under the wires
3. Before going to bed rinse with an alcohol free fluoride mouthwash for 30 seconds
4. For expert cleaning, use ‘super floss’ to clean at the gum line between the teeth
5. If you don’t have a toothbrush when you’re out and about, rinse out with tap water after eating or drinking to remove debris.
All cleaning products are sold at reception and a £1 donation is given to yorkhill children’s foundation with each purchase. Ask for a demonstration next time you’re in! Enjoy your clean braces 🙂